Monday, April 23, 2012

The Early Bird Choice

A choice has to be made when you join the "Early Birds". That choice is which year do I buy? Well I sifted through the 3 years. 1955, 1956, & 1957. Its a tough choice between the first of it's kind "1955". The 1956, with it's new features. The added port hole windows & it's new Spare tire sitting on the back end. And the 57, sleek changes to the tail fin design, front & Back Bumper design made so that the exhaust comes right out of the bumper itself.
I had to go with the 1957 Ford Thunderbird. It's design is like nothing I have ever seen in a car. Every Inch was planned carefully and the new features were fabulous changes to it's predecessors. My favorite parts of a thunderbird are its tail fins. Almost as if it is a living thing coming to life. Its slick lines and large trunk space along with it's rumbling exhaust ports. The rear brake lights add such character and style. They just make you want to follow it around the city.
The 1957 Thunderbird introduced the 312 cu in (5.1 L) V8 which became the Thunderbird's standard engine, and now produced 245 horsepower (183 kW). If you want a fast car that looks good, This is it. I also picked a 1957 For Thunderbird because it's a great car to start with when getting into classic cars. Its small, fast, and very classy.

All three of the Baby Birds are fantastic machines, and are a work of art on the roads. This blog is for all current and future owners of the "Baby Bird" Ford Thunderbirds. Thunderblog will host many helpful links for owners. Including Club Sites, History links, Other owner blogs, restoration information, buyer guides, Local Events, and most of all will host my Thunderbird adventures. I will be diving into this new hobby in locating & Purchasing a new 57 Thunderbird. This blog will hold every event and highlights of my 57 Thunderbird. I hope you enjoy the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment